Louise Mitchell cotton sleepwear
has sold to luxury stores worldwide
Galleries Lafayette Paris
Anichini Linea Casa New York
Ludwig Beck Munich
David Jones Australia
Smith and Caughey New Zealand
Elegant cotton Cynthia is for those who appreciate heirloom quality hand embroidery. Cynthia has a straight line body which is hand embroidered from bodice to ankle. Wide adjustable shoulder straps and fine concealed elastic across the back make Cynthia comfortable as well as beautiful
The creation of Cynthia is not simple.
Panels of cotton voile and cotton organdy are cut on our long cutting tables. The cotton organdy panels are sent to our seamstresses who stitch fine pin tucks on them. Then we send the cotton voile panels to our skilled hand embroiderers who follow the design Louise has created. Louise has loads of embroidery books and just whips a design together. This one has sprays of leaves and stems with flowers and roses. Easy! She thinks so. The embroidery is all white.
Wide adjustable shoulder straps
We have listened to you and Cynthia has 3-4 cms wide shoulder straps. You have told us that spaghetti straps break and fall off your shoulders. These wide ones will not. Louise has also added a button which you can adjust to tighten or loosen the strap
Louise’s mantra Never forget beauty
The entire front of Cynthia from bust to ankle is richly hand embroidered in sprays of white bullion roses, daisies, stems and leaves, ribbons and bows. In between this embroidery are inserts of cotton organdy stitched with fine pin tucks. This is truly heirloom quality.
Length of Cynthia is above ankle on most women.
There is fine elastic across the back to expand the shoulder area if you need it.
There is no need to iron Cynthia after washing. However Cynthia is so beautiful that it would please Louise’s heart if some of you did.
Hand or machine wash in a bag. Gentle cycle. Cool water. Soft cleansers
Elegant cotton sleepwear for women Cynthia has sold to luxury stores and boutiques worldwide
|Embroidery threads||colour fast|
Hang up to drip dry. There is no need to iron
Click here for more care information and for Louise's tips on stain removal.
For orders under $200
Australia $20 International $35
We hope you will be pleased with your purchase. If there is a problem please email [email protected]. All returns must be with us within 2 weeks. There are no refunds for sale or discounted items.
Click here for more shipping and return information
- Your cotton sleepwear has been designed by Louise Mitchell in her Sydney studio.
- Louise Mitchell’s cotton has been selected for softness, breath ability and strength.
- Garments have been lovingly embroidered by hand with Louise’s designs.
- All garments have French seams. This is double seaming so no raw edges.
- Splits in side seams for easy movement are reinforced so do not run.
- Louise recommends hand or machine washing in a bag with soft powders or liquids.
- There is no need to iron. Just the feeling of soft cotton next to your skin is all you need.
- Review from Eve USA “Your gowns are amazing. Overtime and with washing your cotton gets so soft.”
- Easy to pack and light to carry, Louise’s cotton sleepwear loves travelling and holidays.